Alright, some of you have requested a few Paleo recipes! Again, I can’t take any credit for them. My friend Joanne made up this recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins. They are delicious and healthy!
Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
• 1⁄2 cup coconut flour, sifted
• 1 tsp cinnamon, 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1⁄4 tsp ground clove or 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
• 1⁄2 tsp salt
• 1⁄2 can (15 oz) cooked pureed pumpkin (ideally from sunflower market, NOT pumpkin pie)
• 6 eggs
• 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
• 1/3 cup of honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (they are paleo – gluten, dairy, egg, etc. free)
Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices, blend well, set aside.
Put pureed pumpkin into a mixing bowl. One by one, add egg, mix well after each egg. Then add melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. (Eggs don’t necessarily need to be mixed in one by one. I usually do them three at a time.)
Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and blend well. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon into muffin pan, bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes one dozen.
And the Zucchini Hummus comes from AmazingPaleo.com. Super easy and I think it’s better than regular hummus! It’s delicious with broccoli, carrots, and tomatoes!
All Levels WOD
Back Squat: 3 x 7 60% of 1RM
4 Rounds of:
10 Strict Pull-ups (+10-20lbs)
Rest 45’s Between each round
80 Wall Balls for time
40 KBS @ 32kg/24kg
Level 1 WOD